Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wow, is it ever hot!

Yes, it's very hot outside here this week! Hurricane Fay had sent a few rain storms our way to water and cool things off here in San Antonio a few weeks ago, but Hurricane Gustav was a bit short in sending our way any of its moisture. Just a lot of sticky heat! Yesterday, in returning home from a few necessary errands, I burned my hand on our front door's scorching knob, then headed for the kitchen in search of a tall glass of ice cold water.

My heart goes out to all those who felt the wrath of Gustav, and I hope they get the help they need as quickly as possible, but at the same time...I can't wait for the fall and winter months to arrive!

Even though I have a great love for nature and the outdoors, I think I'll enjoy the time I spend inside writing a bit more.

No comments: