Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall & Loosing Weight!

Fall is definitely on its way. I love change and I love the change of the seasons. Not only the weather, but the difference in colors as well. Nature holds such beauty any time of the year, and I really enjoy being outside to garden and enjoy it all! And as each season comes along, I look forward to it in earnest.

The hot weather is beginning to cool off and is most welcome to many of us, me included. Oh, to have a little snow here in San Antonio would be nice, but alas, it is not to be. Maybe we'll get a little rain this weekend. That would be good for the area and fun to play in its first sprinkles.

I'm serious to shed these extra pounds! So I began not only an exercise program every day, but 3 1/2 weeks ago I started with the Weight Watchers online program. I have heard much over the years about the many success stories and decided to give it a try myself. I am very impressed with it so far and have lost over 5lbs. I intend to continue with this and make it a life long way of living along with the exercising. I've tried other things before, but nothing has worked for me as well as Weight Watchers has. I'll keep you informed on my progress from time to time.

Have a great week end all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Again S A Slack,

So glad to hear that you are a member of Weight Watchers as I am too! I joined this year also and it is amazing to me to learn how much Americans really over eat without even realizing it! I feel like I have learned so much about portion control. I am really learning to add more veggies in my daily eating plan also. I'm starting to feel much healthier! I will check back in from time to time and see how you are doing.

Have a great fall!
Ann

S A Slack said...

Hi Ann,

Glad to hear that you are a fellow Weight Watcher. Yes, I'm learning a lot of things that would be good for all people to know. I'd be glad to have your support in this and look forward to hearing from you again.

Thanks,
S A Slack

Anonymous said...

Good going on picking a program and sticking to it! My husband and I are also trying to lose weight. Hopefully there will be a lot less of all of us soon! :)

S A Slack said...

Hello Kristy,
Great on trying to lose weight and I wish you both great success in doing so. Remember, it can be quite a challange at times, but hang in there for the long haul and you'll suceed!

S A Slack

Barb said...

So how's it going? Wishing you well with the program. Come join us again on the WW thread... Barb

S A Slack said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Barb. I'll check in with you again. I've slowed down a little on the weight loss, but that's probably a better way of losing it in the long run -- slow and steady. I really think that Weight Watchers is the way to go.

S A Slack