Monday, December 3, 2007

Birthdays and Family

I just celebrated a birthday this last Saturday and thanks to my wonderful family, it was a great day! When I woke up I was a little down about turning another year older, but by the end of the day I felt much better about it thanks to my family. My husband made a delicious breakfast of pancakes with blueberry syrup, bacon, two kinds of fruit, and juice. What a nice treat! My mother had been cooking the night before, and then again that afternoon, and made a wonderful mexican dinner filled with enchilads, tamales, green chile roast burritos, beans, and rice. It was quite a feast and oh so heavenly! I was stuffed. My oldest son, Joshua and his wife and two children came from Austin to decorate and help me celebrate my day. My youngest son, Erik helped them fill the house with balloons. They did a very good job. I heard from all of my other children by phone as well, making it a very special day for me. Was I spoiled---You bet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, we can tell where you get your excellent descriptions of the foods that Stormy and Lance eat! It's family tradition obviously! :)