Thursday, December 13, 2007

Greetings Sweden!

Hello to all my family and friends there in Sweden!

I hope you are having a wonderful Advent with all of the cookies, Saffron rolls, and grog you are making. I miss being there in Sweden with you this time of year. Though the days are much shorter now, I love the magic of the land, the warm friendly people, and the songs and beautiful snow flakes falling as everyone attends the St. Lucia celebrations. I miss the giant moose that stop to look back at you as you stop the car to look at them, and the majestic reindeer prancing across the roads in search of food sources on the other side.

I'm in the middle of writing another article about the stories and folklore of Sweden. Thanks to my cousin, Monica, I have more wonderful incite to these treasures of my wonderful ancestors.

I believe in the gnomes and the little people. How about you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan Slacks bok "The Austin Fires" är en snäll mystery novel, och samtidigt en entusiastisk beskrivning av flera av Austins sevärdheter. Passar som julklapp för alla åldrar.
Finns inte i svensk översättning än.

Monica M-Hamrin

Anonymous said...

And speaking of the gnomes, don´t forget that you are supposed to serve them a nice bowl of rice porridge on Christmas Eve!
Monica

S A Slack said...

Thanks, Monica. I'll remember to leave that bowl of rice porridge out for them this year!

S A Slack said...

Oh, and do they like raisins in it as well?

Anonymous said...

I believe in them! :)

Anonymous said...

No raisins in the porridge for gnomes, but you could, just like in the rice porridge served to us humans at Christmastime, put one almond. The one who gets the hidden almond is to get married during the year to come, i.e. if he isn´t married already, of course.
M

Erik S. said...

Gnomes and pudding. Sounds like a wild party to me!