Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Guitar Hero II

My teenage son is off from High School this week for the Thanksgiving Holiday and he asked me if I would play with him on Guitar Hero II. I had seen he and his friends playing this a few times before, but it looked hard to me. I told my son that I just couldn't right now, but he insisted that I give it a try. You know, "Oh, come on, Mom. Just give it a try." So I did.

Only one song, I said, as I picked up the other guitar and placed the strap over my shoulder.

And I was right---it was hard. But with his encouragement, I kept going and before I knew it we had done several songs before my left hand finally gave out.

And I discovered something----it was fun!

I am thankful for my son and all of my children, husband, family, and friends.
Family----take time out with them. You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I tried that game a few times and found it to be addictive the more I attempted it. I think what makes me (and most people I assume) hesitant to try new things is the fear of doing a bad job, failing, or just looking bad and being scoffed at. Whenever I try something and this doesnt happen, I gain a little more confidence in myself. It's great for the ego too :)